Selling your home can be challenging. You have to research the market, stage your home for buyers, pack up your things, and part with the dear memories you've made while living there.
When you choose to work with Marion Gordon, you're choosing an experienced agent who will make your home selling process easier. We'll price your home accurately the first time, do all the market research, advise you on effective home staging techniques, and even remind you of the happy memories to come in your new home.
Pricing your home correctly is the first, and most important, step to selling it quickly and for top dollar. Don't rely on automatic estimate services, as these evaluations typically use outdated or incorrect information, that can misprice your home by thousands of dollars. As a Fairfax Station expert
Let Us Do the Work
Request an Evaluation
All you have to do is give us your address. We'll research the market trends and price it correctly!
Sit Back and Relax
Utilizing our vast network of resources and market tools, we'll compare neighborhood sold reports to find the right price.
Price Your Home
Before you know it, you'll the most accurate value of your home in your inbox!
Want a More Detailed Home Analysis?
If you've made renovations, upgrades, or additions to your home, fill out this questionnaire to ensure that all of your improvements are taken into account!
My Move With Marion Team will work with you every step of the way, from pricing your home to showing it off. As your Fairfax
We are committed to providing all of our clients with the very best service, so please do not hesitate to contact Marion Gordon with any questions or if you are ready to list your home.
Tips for Selling Your Home
Remember the "60-second rule!" You only have one minute to make a winning impression on buyers. The following are some simple but significant ways to maximize your home's appeal.
- Cut the grass and remove all yard clutter
- Fix up the garden, apply fresh mulch, and remove weeds
- Powerwash the exterior
- Ensure all gutters are functional and clean
- Apply fresh paint to any fencing
- Paint the front door
- Buy a new welcome mat
- Decorate your front porch or step with potted plants
- Analyze the furniture in your living room and remove any pieces that make the room look small
- Remove all clutter, knickknacks, and trash
- Clean and organize cabinet areas
- Shampoo the carpets or thoroughly clean hardwood floors
- Remove any excess decorations
- Repair any leaking faucets
- Tighten and clean door handles
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings
- Replace broken grout, worn tiles, and damaged countertops
An Extra Special Something
- Turn on all the lights
- Open all shutters and windows during the day (if weather permits)
- Keep pets secured outdoors
- Buy new towels for bathrooms and bedding for bedrooms
- Replace old lampshades
- Play quiet background music
- If the weather permits, light the fireplace or clean it out and light a candle
- Infuse home with a comforting smell, such as vanilla or apple spice
- Set the dining room table for a fancy dinner party
- Vacate the property!
After you've completed some of the above steps, leave the rest to us!
We want to make sure you have everything you need to begin the selling process of your Fairfax Station home. Browse the following tools to explore the market, compare your home to others in the area, and learn more about staging your home.